Sunday, April 19, 2009

first BIG wedding decision

So we have finally found a location for the wedding/reception and are so thrilled about it! Last weekend we looked at several different wedding ceremony/reception venues, but finally decided that this place, here in the pictures was perfect for what we want! So see for yourself in the pictures below. Let me know what you think, so please leave me comments :)




The place in the pictures we have choosen is called The Elks Art Center, its in downtown Abilene, right behind the Grace Museum (if you are familiar with Abilene). Like I said both the wedding ceremony & reception will be taking place here because its SO convenient, very large (as you can see), and accomodating.

I just absolutely love the black framed windows all around the room, there is a total of 6 big, black windows. We want to start the ceremony at like 8ish so the sun is setting and its getting dark, which I think will be SO elegant!


The grand ballroom here in these pictures is on the 3rd floor of this building and looks out over downtown Abilene, it has such a contemporary, metropolitan feel to it that I really just love. And the size is really great for the dancing we will be doing at the reception, also for all the tables & chairs, and several different food tables. It was also at such a great price especially for how perfect it is :)



And here is the outside of the building, I think its so cute! So keep in mind North 1st & Cedar in downtown Abilene for late march wedding next spring! Get ready for a fun time! Don't forget I really wanna know all your thoughts about it, so don't be afraid to leave a comment :)











































1 comment:

  1. I wish it was TOMORROW!! It is going to be a BLASSSSSSTTTT!! :) :) I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete