Tuesday, April 7, 2009

exciting, thoughtful last few days

So not alot has been going on lately...but at the same time some exciting stuff has happened, weird I know. Along the lines of the wedding...my mom purchased our first box of invitations, I love them...so that was pretty exciting. And we are also going to look at a couple of different wedding/reception locations here in Abilene on good friday since its a holiday and we are off work...so I cannot wait for that! We are really hoping that we can find and decide on a location and definite wedding date in the next week or so...but we will see!

Anyways on a non-wedding note, we visited a new church on sunday and both actually loved it, I had actually been there several times, but we are pretty sure we want stick to going here! I am really hoping for both of us to meet some new people and really get involved, I really feel like that is what we both really need right now.

On a completely other, exciting note...Jake and I have been thinking seriously about some decisions involving our education. For me, I was supposed to be starting Esthiology school at the end of April here in Abilene, and have recently realized that it is not going to be the right choice for me. For the last couple of weeks I have really just not felt a peace about the program, like it was not what I really want to do, I did not feel like it was going to make me happy in the long run, which is the reason I have decided against it. Instead I came upon an amazing program/opportunity I know for a fact that I would love, that I have always dreamed of. This opportunity would be doing an online program through an event/wedding planning company to get my certification as an International Wedding Planning Professional, in other words to open my open wedding planning business. I feel completely at ease with this decision, i'm very excited about it, and really think that I could very much succeed at this! Let me know if any of you reading this have any pointers or comments about this idea/plan, I would love to hear any and all of them! For jake...he is considering after he finishes up this semester at ACU, then finishing up his degree through an online college, one that has the same accreditation as ACU does, just in case you were wondering. But, this would allow him to finish his Bachelors degree in Psychology faster, it is much cheaper than ACU or any other private or state school, and will not have to worry about taking a bunch of stupid classes, such as Bible, P.E., health, and all the other nonsense they force you to take. This school also has a masters degree in psychology, which is also something Jake is considering, it would really benefit him to do this so that he can do school anytime he is free, it will allow him to work more, which is obviously a huge benefit.

Anyways...that is about all that is going on with us right now...we are just really excited about this weekend, not only do we get to go look at wedding locations, but its also a four day weekend, which is just so AMAZING in itself! Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend and wonderful Easter weekend! Happy Easter! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love reading these, write more often!! It keeps us updated on small details of our days and lives when we're apart. Love, love, love.
    LCF

    ReplyDelete