Saturday, June 18, 2011

Only two weeks to go!!!

Since I'm somewhat behind on blogging I haven't had a chance to update on our recent plans of moving to Katy from Abilene VERY SOON! Back at the beginning of June after Jake found out that he didn't receive the job promotion he had interviewed for and really hoping to get at the Abilene Sprint store, he randomly got a call from a store manager in the Katy area he had talked to a few months back. The store manager at the Katy Sprint store had recently got an open spot for the same promotion he had interviewed for at the Abilene store. Right off the bat Jake & the store manager in Katy really clicked and he was offered a job very quickly which was such great news but still ALOT to think about. We really felt like it was such a great opportunity and at a really good time in our lives with Jake really wanting to move up in the Sprint company, my sister & brother in law who live there and getting ready to welcome their first baby into the world in mid December, just wanting to be closer to all my family that lives in that area, and just with all of Jake's family moving to different places all outside of Abilene. We both just felt like we were ready to move on to the next phase in our life and really just felt at peace with this opportunity to move our life to the Katy area.


After telling our families and really making the decision real we began the good ole' apartment search and with the help of my sister and brother in law we were able to find a great apartment even with being six hours away which was such a blessing. It has also turned out to blessing that Houston just happens to have some of the best medical care in the country and seeing as how I have been having lots of medical difficulties and definitely need close monitoring with my diabetes and epilepsy issues I really feel like it is going to work out great, my doctors have been great with giving me really good references down in that area. The only thing that is going to be pretty difficult but I know will end up working out for the best is that because my driving restrictions with epilepsy really mess with my job abilities I am going to stay here in Abilene for the month of July and live with my parents and continue working for the Trammells and go on vacation with them at the end of July into August to Vail, Colorado.


We are really getting excited and moving and beginning this next adventure in life together! But our sweet little Abilene will definitely be missed, I think I will miss Abilene more than Jake will which is totally ok. It is going to be weird to not live in the same town as my parents anymore but I know it will be fine, it will just be that more exciting when I see them. But I know what is going to be the most difficult for me is being away from my three little girls- Maggie, Claire, & Elizabeth. I am definitely so glad that I get to go to Colorado for eight days with them, it is really going to help be one last fun time with the whole family which is really special to me. And I know this really isn't a goodbye because I will be back often to visit my parents and them but I will just have to really get used to not seeing them every day and not being involved in all their big milestones in their lives. I definitely know I will be in Abilene for every birthday in January and August as long as it is possible. But words can not explain in any way, shape, or form how excited I am to be so close when my sweet little nephew or niece gets here, it is SO SO much such a dream come true for me. So needless to say I cannot wait for December to get here!!


Next on the list is the trip next week with my family down to Houston/Beaumont for my cousin Hannah's wedding, we are leaving Wednesday afternoon after I get off work and coming back Sunday evening. Then the very next weekend we leave to start the moving process so the next two weeks are going to be SO CRAZY for us. I will hopefully get a chance to update before all the moving craziness starts of a full wedding/family trip post, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment