Tuesday, February 1, 2011

SNOW DAY 2011!!

SNOW DAY 2011 has been such a fun one, cannot believe we are here on February 1st on our very first snow day of the winter. I know most of the north part of Texas and northern states all had snow days today, but I can assure you this is THE COLDEST weather I have ever been in, the low today was 3 degrees, with a high that never reached 20, although the weathermen predicted a high of 32. And tomorrow we have a low of 6, with a high of 17, kinda afraid all the snow is going to freeze over night and we are going to have ice problems to deal with tomorrow. I love the snow, it's so so pretty, fun to look at, and snow days are wonderful to just relax and have fun at home. Ice for me is really a different story, so much more dangerous than snow and definitely not as pretty and fun to play in. Sadly enough I didn't end up taking any of my own pictures this time it snowed, but I stole these two off my dad's facebook, I thought they were so pretty!


Jake & I did venture out to do some grocery shopping since we were running low on food in the house and since it's not supposed to get to above freezing until Friday. We went pretty early this morning to go to Sam's to do our grocery shopping, went to the post office, the bank, united(to return one item), & to target. The roads were not horrible when we left this morning to head to the grocery store and a few other errands, but by the time we got to target everything was starting to get really nasty, the snow was turning to slush because of people driving on the road and then was refreezing on the road and getting a tad bit risky out there. Our trip to Target was definitely very eventful, the parking lot was still pretty high with snow but we parked close, went into the store and did all our shopping well by the time we went back out to the car to leave our car stuck on the snow & ice so that was really fun for Jake & a really nice man who helped push the car while I drove it and FINALLY we were out of the snowy, icy Target parking lot headed home to get warm!! All in all it was such a fun day and are so glad we were both off of work on this cold day to spend together at home!! Hope everyone out there is doing their best to stay warm!




my parents house in the snow
the pretty "snow angel" at my parents house

No comments:

Post a Comment