Friday, December 9, 2011

My New Love

This post may be a bit longer than others, but it is one of the most precious one I've written yet so I hope you enjoy. After Thanksgiving my parents and brother decided to head back to Abilene on Sunday around lunch time, they had planned to leave earlier but my parents, brother, and Jake all got sick with sinus congestion and cough type stuff along with the stomach bug so they decided to stay an extra few days so they could get betters! Luckily our sweet little baby M decided to wait and not come Thanksgiving weekend since most our family was sick. But we all just knew the minute my parents got back in Abilene some baby action was going to happen down here in Houston and that it did!

So last Tuesday, November 29th around noon I was sitting around just watching tv and on the computer and lounging around my phone rang. And I saw my sister was calling which is a very odd time for her to call since she would have been at work during that time. But I kinda had a sneaky feeling why she was calling, so she had been not feeling good all morning that day and decided to go into the doctor and found out she was in fact in labor and was being admitted to the hospital. So being that I can't drive I was a little concerned I was going to have to wait on Jake to get home from work to go up to the hospital but since none of their bags and baby stuff were in the car with them Matt had to come home and pick up everything and take it all back up to the hospital. So I was in luck being that we live so close he was nice and offered to come pick me up and go up to the hospital with him, which was so great. I think Matt and I got up to the hospital around 2ish and Jenna was all hooked up to the monitors, ivs so she could get her pitocin and everything. And much to my surprise she was just hanging out happy go lucky not in any pain at all, I was secretely hoping in my head"God please let my pain tolerance be this high when I have my babies" haha. So we all just hung around until around 5 or 6 and about then my Nana and Aunt Monica arrived to await the new family member and I stepped out to the waiting to update them on everything. Not long after they arrived Jake got off work and came up to the hospital to join everyone else waiting. After he got his clothes changed and everything we went to eat some dinner since it still looked like it was going to be awhile longer till alot more action happened so went down the road to Freebirds and had a delicious burrito, I love me some Freebirds!


Afterward we headed back up to the hospital and things were starting to move along and my parents had finally arrived at the hospital all the way from Abilene, needless to say they were probably driving pretty fast! So the rest of the night we all just pretty much waited and waited some more. But finally at 11:20 p.m. on November 29th, 2011 our sweet little Parker James Manges arrived into this world weighing in at 7 lbs, 9 ounces and 20 1/2 inches long. I can honestly say I have never felt this sort of emotion ever in my life and it was one of the greatest feelings ever in my life so far at least! While we waited for our sweet baby to arrive we all took bets on the gender, weight, and time of arrival which was really fun to see who was going to be the closest to being right. I just knew it was going to be a boy from the moment my sister told me she was pregnant back in April and I was right on with the gender, I was off a few ounces on the weight, but I was the closest on the time of arrival. But the worst waiting period was probably the last 30 minutes but no one had come out and told us if the baby had arrived or not much less if it was a boy or girl. The moment we went into the room and finally saw him in my sister's arm and saw his precious little face really was just like everyone tells you, totally indescribeable!


Enjoy all the pictures of our new precious baby Parker, if you can't already I'm loving more than anything being Aunt Gigi!!


 Bailey (Matt & Jenna's dog) relaxing on her bed probably trying to get over the lack of attention she is getting, her first couple days were a difficult transition, but she is doing great now!
 Parker's sweet footprints in his cute babybook
 Parker James & his sweet mommy, they both looked so happy and content!
 Parker James Manges about 30 minutes old
 Parker out cold after eating, this was on the day after he was born (Wed. Nov. 30th)
 Laying around sleeping in Jenna's arms
 LOVE this picture, he really is so perfect!
 Parker getting all wrapped up in his blankets by my mom who has yet to choose a grandparent name, really wishing she would hurry!
 Sometimes he has the most serious looks on his face, but it is just the cutest thing in the world.
 Chief (my dad) and sweet little Parker the day after he was born. I can already tell how much little Parker is already changing all of our lives, my parents included and as cheesy as this sounds it really is the sweetest, most special thing to watch my parents become grandparents and seeing how this changes their outlook on life. And it has been so amazing watching my sister and brother in law become parents, they are doing a great job so far. Everything about this little life and how it changes all of us is just so amazing!
 Here is a picture of the wreath I worked on for the past few weeks for Parker's arrival. I had such a gut feeling that my sister was having a boy I knew these colors would work out perfectly. Although his room is done in gender neutral colors and decorations that it would have been just as cute if it had been a girl. Jake & I waited to put the initials on it the morning after he was born, we actually got up early the day after and ran to Hobby Lobby to get wooden letters and spray paint. We even spray painted them in the parking lot of Hobby Lobby, let them dry a little bit in the parking lot, turned the air on full blast while we drove to the hospital so they could finish drying. Then once we got to the hospital we went and got breakfast at this bakery inside the hospital and glued them on the wreath inside the bakery with the hot glue gun we brought with us from home haha. It was definitely a process but I was determined to make this baby the cutest arrival wreath and I love it so much and think it turned out so cute. Most of the guests that came to the hospital loved it and commented on it too and it now hangs on the front of Parker's bedroom door.
 Parker James & Aunt Gigi the day after he was born...this was the first time I had gotten to hold him, so special :)
 Such beautiful flowers that Matt's dad had delivered to the hospital from a local florist in the Galleria area, they were seriously so so pretty, it was a bouquet of white roses, green hydrangeas, and pink peonies.
 Another picture of Parker & Aunt Gigi the day he came home from the hospital
 sweetest sleeping baby
 LOVE this boy!
 I think I see a sweet little smile hiding in there somewhere!
 I have a feeling those will be some chubby little cheeks someday soon, so so precious!
 My mom & Bailey who at this moment really really needed attention as she proceeded to climb into my mom's lap and practically hug her and keep in mind she is no lap dog haha, but it was one of the funniest things ever!
 A view of the new parents and my mom during his first few days home...the media family haha.
 Parker after his first little sponge bath at home, he can't have a full bath until his umbilical cord falls off. But surprisingly he actually loved his bath, it was warm and relaxing and his pacifer made it so much better for him.
 Sweet one of Jenna and Parker after his first sponge bath ready for a diaper and clothes
 LOVE this one in black and white while he gets dressed in his Christmas reindeer pajamas
 Parker feeling much better with warm clothes on and with his pacifer
 Pareker the sweet Santa Baby...best Christmas gift ever, that is all I wanted was a nephew healthy and happy so it looks like Santa has been good to me this year!
 Parker the reindeer...so so precious
 I love these, it just makes my heart smile watching Jake hold a sweet little newborn baby
 Parker cuddled on his chest and slept there for awhile, it was so sweet!
LOVE this black and white one of him sleeping, I mean how could you EVER get tired of looking at this precious face!!?

No comments:

Post a Comment