Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year 2011!!!

I can hardly believe that it is already the beginning of another new year...it really seems like this year literally flew by, I can remember this time last year finishing wedding planning and doing bridal showers and lots of fun wedding stuff. It's so weird to me to think about that Jake & I are getting ready to celebrate our first wedding anniversary in just a couple months, but it is also so so exciting for us! We have both had such a wonderful first year together and cannot believe that we are already about to begin our second year married together, we cannot wait to see what 2011 holds for the two of us and even more curious as to what God has in store for us this coming year.

This year to celebrate ringing in the new year we had a yummy dinner with Jake's mom, brother, and his brother's fiance at Outback, which was absolutely delicious. After eating a great dinner we headed back to our house to hang out, have homemade ice cream cake for dessert, play wii, and watch the ball drop in NYC from our television. We had alot of fun playing games, hanging out, and drinking some great champagne (only the best part of New year's eve). New year's day Jake worked so I spent the day hanging out at home, trying to clean and organize the house after the holidays. We went for New year's Day dinner at my parent's house for yummy grilled pork chops, roasted potatoes, salad, green beans, and the lucky black eyed peas. We stayed to hang out and watch the Oklahoma vs. UConn game, my mom & I brainstormed on some planning for a bridal shower my sister, mom, & I are planning this spring for one of my cousins. All in all it was a great new years celebration and we are off to a great new year so far at least, Jake & I have some great new years goals/resolutions that we are really working towards
so we are both being super optimistic about that!


Sorry for the lack of pictures, we didn't get any really good pictures from New years this year...

No comments:

Post a Comment