Thursday, January 13, 2011

looking back on 2010

Just wanted to look back on 2010 with a few pictures...this is all blogger would let me upload, unfortunate, since there isn't even a wedding picture on here...but it has been acting really weird for me lately, but what can you do... Anyways I know I am a little late on this, but it has been a busy start to the new year 2011 for us, so enjoy!





In may my sweet mom got the teacher of the year award at the middle school she teaches at here in Abilene. Each elementary, middle school, and high school has one teacher that receives the teacher of the year award and she was awarded it for Craig Middle School!
Our awesome honeymoon cruise at the end of March for 7 days in the Carribean to Jamaica, Grand Cayman Islands, and Cozumel, Mexico. It was so wonderful and we cannot wait to go on another sometime in the near future.

John Mayer Concert in March before our wedding, it was like my bachelorette party, but WAY BETTER, my mom, monica, sister, cousin rachel, & I all went to see John Mayer in houston after the weekend of my bridal shower in Beaumont, to say it was AMAZING does not even cut it!


sweet baby Elizabeth turning one at the end of August...loving her birthday cake!



getting our sweet Boston Terrier, Emmitt in August.
So here is the run down of 2010:
January- finished wedding plans and had my awesome bridal portraits taken
February-had my first bridal shower in Abilene, given by sweet boss, Sara & celebrated Jake's 22nd birthday.
March-beginning of the month had my 2nd bridal shower in Beaumont with all my extended family and close Beaumont friends, bachelorette concert to see John Mayer, GOT MARRIED on the 20th, and went on an amazing carribean cruise for 7 days
April-celebrated dad & Jenna's birthday & easter
May-celebrated and went to cousin Bubba & Autumn's wedding in Beaumont, Maggie had her first ballet recital & was adorable
June-went on my first vacation with my work family I nanny for to Telluride, Colorado for a week, celebrated my brother, nana, and cousin's birthdays, and celebrated the birth of precious Adley Ann.
July-celebrated independence day with family & moved into our second apartment as a couple.
August-got our first puppy as a family, the sweetest boston terrier, Emmitt, fits in perfect with our family and we love him so much, also went and celebrated Andrea & Stephen's wedding day in Dallas for the weekend, Maggie started big Prek at Abilene Christian, everyone went back to school & work.
September-celebrated cousins rachel & alexandrah's birthday, & brother in law josh's birthday.
October-Took a birthday celebration trip for my birthday and also for my aunt's 50th surprise party, celebrated Halloween with the precious girls who were the Wizard of Oz family, Glenda, Dorothy, and the lion.
Novemeber-celebrated mom & mother in law's birthdays, enjoyed our first Ellison thanksgiving in Abilene with my sister & brother in law coming up here for the holiday week along with Jake & I hosting the first Nassar thanksgiving at our apartment, fun holiday times!
December-enjoyed lots of festive Christmas time with family and friends, enjoyed Nassar christmas before christmas this year, enjoyed getting to go to Houston/Beaumont for Christmas Eve & Day to spend with my family, got lots of christmas goodies, enjoyed new years eve with jake's family & new years day with my parents.
All in all it was such a wonderful first year together, so so hard to believe before we know it we will be celebrating our first year anniversary, so exciting!! We have learned so much through this first year of being married and we will never forget it! We have so much to look forward to this coming year and cannot wait to see where God takes us. Although we do have so many decisions to come to this year, I know it is going to be such an awesome journey for us. We have already made alot of positive goals for this year and so far we are working really hard at achieving them, I love such wonderful, positive starts to the new year! Happy new year (a little late) haha...





No comments:

Post a Comment