Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Christmas Shopping

If you know me at all you should know that all year long I look forward to two times of the year more than anything! Those two times of the year would be the month of October for many different reasons being the beginning of fall and cooler weather, the 22nd of this month since it is my birthday, I love birthdays, the start of baseball playoffs which I love, and for me it is the start of all the holiday fun! With all that being said this month I am already feeling the holiday love that I look forward to and adore so much! In fact I have actually already started my Christmas planning and shopping which always make me feel good. Even though this has been a very trying and difficult year nothing has and will change my joy of loving to celebrate the seasons and holidays and getting to celebrate another wonderful year of life!

That is what brings me to one of my favorite things at this time of the year, which is Christmas Shopping! I know there are so many people out there that truly despise Christmas, shopping, and everything that goes along with it, and then there are the people that don't even do gifts for their families at all, but it is a true LOVE of mine to give through gifts of all kinds to my family and friends, I just love it!! And I can honestly say that I put all my time, effort, and thoughts, and creativity into what I give at Christmas time and I wouldn't have it any other way. But I won't lie the way I choose to do my Christmas shopping for my friends and family does make it more difficult than just going to the mall or getting online and ordering whatever is on their list or just simply purchasing a gift card to their favorite store to shop at. But watching them open the gift I took my time and energy to make and truly think about how much they mean to me, I can promise nothing brings greater joy! So this year I have gotten some really great ideas for everyone on my list, I am no where near finished, but I definitely have a great start since we are barely into the month of October. There are still some holes in my shopping list that need to be filled but I have no doubt by Thanksgiving I will have gotten some great ideas. And what is even more exciting about this Christmas 2011 is that we have another little special family member to buy for and be creative with, sweet little baby Manges, I truly cannot wait to meet that sweet little Christmas miracle! But without a doubt the ones that are always the hardest to figure what their Christmas gift will be are the adults, mostly the men, dads & brothers haha!

I am so excited about decorating our apartment this year it really has great potential to be a true Christmas Wonderland and I cannot wait to make that happen, definitely my favorite part of the season. And since moving to Houston I am very excited about all the different Christmas stuff to do around here, I am hoping to go see The Nutcracker Ballet at the Houston Ballet, maybe driving Kemah for the lighting of the island and the events they have for Christmas, and hopefully more Christmas stuff that comes up around the area which is definitely something I love about living in the big city!

No comments:

Post a Comment